苏州龙凤金店官网

first_img0Shares0000CECAFA Secretary General Nicholas Musonye speaking to Capital Sports in Kampala, Uganda on December 15, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluKAMPALA, Uganda, Dec 16 – CECAFA Secretary General Nicholas Musonye has hinted they are planning to organize a tournament in Somalia, probably an Under-20 Championship in 2021 as they look to use football to unite the war-torn country.Somalia has been one of the star attractions at the 2019 Senior Challenge Cup in Kampala, where thousands of their community living in Uganda have come in their droves to the Lugogo Complex to cheer the team on. Musonye believes that with football, the political strife that has torn the country apart over the last few decades can calm down and peace can be restored.“Football is biggest weapon that can unite people. When you look at the Somalia team they are here playing as one unit and you cannot know the country has problems. With football nothing can go wrong.”Somalia players celebrate after beating Burundi 1-0 at the Lugogo Complex in Kampala on December 13, 2019 to revive their hopes of qualifying for the quarter finals of the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“We are even planning to put up competition in Somalia in 2021, most likely Under 20 and you will see the stadia in Somalia will be full more than here, Somalia believe football can hold them together,” the seasoned football administrator stated.Somalia head coach Bashir Hayford, speaking separately to Capital Sports says that he believes football can indeed unite the nation and he hopes the political powers can play their role to see to it that calm is restored in the country and football is played without fear.Musonye says that CECAFA has previously taken the game into areas that were feared to be less peaceful and the presence of football brought a lot of calm.“We have used football before as a bridge for peace. In Rwanda football was the pivot of strength, in Burundi as well we used football to bring people back. We are trying to do the same in Somalia,” he noted.In 2013, CECAFA took the Kagame Cup to Sudan at a time when there were worries about the stability of the area with some clubs pulling out. However, the tournament went on without hitch.Meanwhile, he says he has been impressed with the level of competition at this year’s Senior Challenge showpiece, citing the performances of Somalia, Eritrea and Djibouti to note that football in the region has improved.“I am happy with the competition so far and we have seen some very good football. The Somalia we see here today is not the Somalia of two years ago. Eritrea and Djibouti have also improved very much and the development is showing,” Musonye said.Djibouti striker Mahdi Houssein tries to go past Somalia’s Liban Abdiaziz and Ali Mohammed during their CECAFA Senior Challenge Group A opener at the Lugogo Stadium in Kampala on December 7, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluHe added; “People who criticize CECAFA, let them come to the ground and see. They say Musonye has killed CECAFA but let them come and see on the ground how the games are and how competitive teams are,”“You look at all these matches and you see there is a lot of development and improvement in our zone. Soon we shall have some of the best teams competing in Africa from the region. This is what we have been trying to do; improve our football,” he further stated.Musonye is also confident that the CECAFA region will be well represented during the 2021 African Cup of Nations, just like in 2019 when the region had Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and Burundi all qualifying.0Shares0000(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

first_imgLeft to right: Anne Marie O’Donnell, Ernan O’Donnell, Cheryl Quinn, Seamus McEllwee.MORE THAN 3,000 objections have been lodged to Donegal County Council over its policies on wind farms.With another massive wind farm planned for the beautiful Barnesmore area – and an election in two weeks – campaigners say people need to fight the plans now.The public were asked for their views on two motions promoted by the Glenties Wind Farm Information Group to place turbines ten times their tip height away from residential homes and centres of public gathering and, also, to remove the six river catchment areas in the county with the fresh water pearl mussel from their current zoning as being preferred for wind energy. GWiG had shepherded these motions through Council for over six months last year with all of the elected councillors unanimously approving the said motions be sent out to public consultation at their January meeting.The Council had then appended a third part to the motion whereby Council sought to “refine” the Zone of Visual Influence of Glenveagh National Park.Members of GWiG marked the end of the public consultation process on Friday by delivering to the Council in excess of 2,600 individual submissions from all over the County voicing overwhelming public support for the twin proposals initiated by the Group, and equal rejection of Council’s proposal to “refine” the Zone of Visual Influence of Glenveagh National Park.This number, 2,600, will be further augmented by the Group’s on line submission facility, the Group members’ personal submissions, and by further postal and email submissions from other members of the public. It is estimated that an overall number in excess of 3,000 will be the final figure for submissions. Mr Ernan O’Donnell Chairman said that he and the group were amazed by the scale of the support in the County for this initiative and throughout their publicity campaign they had received emails and phone calls from all over the country and abroad from people who had visited Donegal and were concerned for the safeguarding of its environment.“Initially we directed people to send their submissions directly to the Council,” he said.“But it soon became apparent through contact with other concerned community groups, that the most efficient means of ensuring that people got their submissions to the Council was for us to organise collection and delivery, which we are doing here today”.Mr. O’Donnell went on to say that he was grateful for the support of the three councillors, Councillor John Campbell, Councillor Marie Therese Gallagher and Councillor Séamus O’Domhnaill , all of whom had been unflinching in their support for the group’s efforts on this important amendment from the beginning, and had helped greatly in steering these proposals through the arduous Council process. He added that the Group wished to take this opportunity to also thank those candidates in the forthcoming local election who have given written pledges of support.“The number of submissions from all over the County in support of our motions demonstrates the depth of feeling around this issue in County Donegal and I am calling on all candidates in the upcoming local elections to come out now and state their position on this. It is the least they owe to the electorate whom they are asking to appoint them as their representatives for the next five years. We also expect the County’s Executive in the Council to take heed of what has been said in these submissions and to help ensure that these amendments are passed in July next when they are to be voted on by the newly elected Council”. MASSIVE ‘NO’ TO WIND FARMS AS 3,000 OBJECTIONS LODGED WITH COUNTY COUNCIL was last modified: May 11th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal County CouncilGlentiesGWIGwind farmslast_img read more