爱上海UI

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Image by the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office / flickr.comPITTSBURGH – A federal judge on Monday struck down Gov. Tom Wolf’s pandemic restrictions that required people to stay at home, placed size limits on gatherings and ordered “non-life-sustaining” businesses to shut down, calling them unconstitutional.U.S. District Judge William Stickman IV sided with plaintiffs that included hair salons, drive-in movie theaters, a farmer’s market vendor, a horse trainer and several Republican officeholders who sued as individuals.Stickman, an appointee of President Donald Trump, wrote in his ruling that the Wolf administration’s pandemic policies have been overreaching, arbitrary and violated citizens’ constitutional rights.The governor’s efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus “were undertaken with the good intention of addressing a public health emergency,” Stickman wrote. “But even in an emergency, the authority of government is not unfettered.” Courts had consistently rejected challenges to Wolf’s power to order businesses to close during the pandemic, and many other governors, Republican and Democrat, undertook similar measures as the virus spread across the country.Wolf has lifted many of the restrictions since the lawsuit was filed in May, allowing businesses to reopen and canceling a statewide stay-at-home order. But his administration has maintained capacity restrictions and limitations on alcohol sales at bars and restaurants. The state has also imposed a gathering limit of more than 25 people for events held indoors and more than 250 people for those held outside.A spokesperson for Wolf said the administration was reviewing the decision.Pennsylvania has reported that more than 145,000 people statewide have contracted the virus since the beginning of the pandemic. More than 7,800 people have died.last_img read more

first_imgTottenham have announced Romania defender Vlad Chiriches is to join Serie A club Napoli for an undisclosed fee. The 25-year-old moved to north London from Steaua Bucharest for a reported fee of 9.5million euros in August 2013 but struggled to cement a regular first-team spot at White Hart Lane and will now be moved on. Tottenham said on their official website: “We have reached agreement with Napoli for the transfer of Vlad Chiriches. We wish Vlad every success for the future.” Chiriches made just 43 appearances across his two seasons, 27 of which came in the Premier League. He signed off in ignominious fashion in his final match with the club after being red-carded in the 3-0 defeat at Stoke on May 9. With Spurs signing Toby Alderweireld from Atletico Madrid, Chiriches, who has 32 caps for Romania, was likely to fall further down the pecking order at Spurs. Chiriches is the second defender to leave the club this summer after Younes Kaboul signed for Premier League rivals Sunderland earlier this month. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more