爱上海同城 论坛

first_imgEight lots have been snapped up at the Haven Estate stage three pre-release, set to be complete in November, with Lachlan Nielson the first to purchase during the pre-release. Lachlan will move in with his partner and their dog, Nadine. PICTURE: Matt Taylor.LAND sales at Haven Estate’s Stage 3 have been heating up prior to it’s anticipated completion in late November. With views to Castle Hill eight laneway lots have already been snapped up off the plan with two new roads, 23 lots, walking tracks and green spaces currently under construction.Marketing and sales co-ordinator at Ellis Developments Meredith Sweeney said only 15 lots were left on the market. READ MORE Townsville has some of Australia’s best suburbs to invest READ MORE “We released a small portion of the lots to be available off the plan before earth works, and 8 lots were quickly snatched up,” Ms Sweeney said. “Many prospective buyers are waiting to see the lots divided and once that is complete, there will be many more sold stickers put up around the neighbourhood.” Lachlan Nielson who purchased the first lot of the stage three pre-sale said location was the main selling point. Eight lots have been snapped up at the Haven Estate stage three pre-release, set to be complete in November, with Lachlan Nielson the first to purchase during the pre-release. He is pictured with developer Stephen Ellis. PICTURE: Matt Taylor.“My partner and I were looking for a house to rent but came to the conclusion that buying our own home was better than renting at this time,” Mr Nielson said. “I wanted to build a new four bedroom house and we needed to be close to town but all the other developments we looked at were about 30 minutes away from the city.“Haven just ticked all our boxes in terms of price, location and design and they were really flexible with what I wanted with the build.”More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020New home sales consultant Tammy Baczynski said all the new land lots would continue to be built up to the flood immune Q100 level with extra engineering put into street drainage, easements, and storm run-off. “Because Haven remained high and dry during the February floods, we have definitely seen a massive rise in inquiries and buyers with record breaking land sales here at Haven over the last two quarters,” Ms Baczynski said.Director at Ellis Developments Stephen Ellis said the houses that would be built at Stage 3 were responding to a shift in demand for cleverly designed, well-executed inner-city urban homes.“At Ellis Developments and our projects such as Haven and Railway Cottages we are known for our meticulous attention to detail,” Mr Ellis said. “Haven is a testament to our drive for excellence and improving the way our clients live in their homes without compromising on designer inclusions.” House and land packages at Stage 3 of the development start at $289,000 for a 2 bedroom home, $359,000 for 3 bedrooms and $385,000 for 4 bedrooms. Step back in time with this charming Queenslanderlast_img read more

first_img 10 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Share Tweetcenter_img Share NewsRegional Haitian camp populations decline but hardships remain by: – October 1, 2011 Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Valerie Amos (right) meets residents of Accra camp in Haiti. UN photoPORT AU PRINCE, Haiti — The number of internally displaced persons (IDPs) still in camps in Haiti after their homes were destroyed by last year’s catastrophic earthquake has declined from 1.5 million to 600,000, but hardship in the settlements has not eased, the United Nations humanitarian chief said on Friday at end of her three-day visit to the country.Valerie Amos, the under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs, visited the Accra camp, which hosts 25,500 people in the commune of Delmas and spoke to residents, who told her that they lived in fear of eviction because they had nowhere else to go.Representatives of the camp’s women’s committee narrated their daily challenges of caring for their families in an environment where there are no job opportunities and living in cramped conditions with poor lighting that put them at risk of gender-based violence.Limited funding has led to a decline in the number of humanitarian agencies working in key sectors, such as water and sanitation and camp management. Hundreds of latrines are now unusable and overflow, especially during the current rainy season, posing significant health risks, even as efforts to keep the cholera epidemic at bay continue.“We cannot forget the hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people still in camps,” said Amos, who is also the UN emergency relief coordinator. Humanitarian organizations, including UN agencies, have appealed for $382 million for relief operations in Haiti this year, but that request is only 52 percent funded.“The scale of destruction and suffering caused by the earthquake and the cholera epidemic, combined with Haiti’s high vulnerability to natural disasters, are the visible part of the iceberg. What we need is more strategic decision-making and coordination that looks at improving longer-term structural issues,” said Amos.She also visited the first ever sewage treatment centre in Haiti, which was started with initial funding from the UN-managed Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) and is now run by the Haitian Water Authority with support from the UN.Cholera has claimed the lives of more than 6,300 people in Haiti, and the disease has affected an estimated 450,000 others since October last year.Amos said will be speaking to donor representatives both in Port-au-Prince, the Haitian capital, and in New York to stress that resources were still required for humanitarian services, which should be provided simultaneously with the ongoing development and reconstruction work.Amos added that she briefly met with President Michel Martelly on Wednesday, who she said made it clear that his focus is on economic growth and creating conditions conducive for investment so that people can have job opportunities.“My sense from speaking to the president, and it was a brief meeting, is that he is frustrated because he wants investment, he wants economic growth, he wants jobs for the people, he wants development,” she said. Caribbean News Nowlast_img read more