千花网

first_imgFood Businesses in Donegal will be able to demonstrate they have the right recipe for success by entering a brand new category for Food Coast Businesses at this year’s Local Enterprise Awards.A total of 8 awards will be presented in separate categories, with a prize of €1,000 up for grabs for the Food Coast award.The competition is open to all businesses in Donegal that employ less than 50 full-time staff, but businesses who enter must have been in receipt of direct Local Enterprise Office supports under one or more of the following interventions: Grant aid; Mentoring Programme; Trading Online Voucher Scheme; Participation on LEO Training Programmes; MicroFinance Ireland Scheme. Head of Enterprise in Donegal, Michael Tunney, said there has been great commitment from the food sector to the overall Food Coast project, as evidenced most recently by the 20 different Food Coast events that were put on by the businesses as part of Donegal Connect.“Over the past two years we are seeing the awareness of Donegal as a food county coming to the fore, both within the county and at national level and the new awards category will be an opportunity for food businesses in the county to really showcase how strong the sector is,” he said.The Head of Enterprise pointed to the exceptional pride shown in the sector during the judging for the recent Foodie Destination Awards as evidence of the esteem those in the sector now have for Donegal food.“From the launch of our Food Coast Experiences to the recent best practice trip to Ayrshire in Scotland and a host of events and activities in between, we know that this a growing and thriving sector in Donegal and plays a huge role in creating employment right around the county. The awards are a perfect opportunity for food businesses to showcase their hard work and success and I hope as many as possible will take the opportunity to get their application in before the deadline,” Mr. Tunney added.To enter, applicants must submit a soft copy of a simple application form and a recent set of financial statements before the closing date of 12 noon on Monday 11 NovemberForms are available to download from www.localenterprise.ie/donegal and completed applications should be should be e.mailed to [email protected] before 12 noon on Monday 11 November 2019. Food businesses invited to feast on €1,000 prize in Local Enterprise Awards was last modified: November 7th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:food coastLocal Enterprise Awardslast_img read more

first_imgLong story short, you can’t win them all, but it’s amazing how close you can get to losing them all like last week’s NFL picks. Here’s how we’ll rebound in Week 14:49ers 27, Saints 24: Hey, the 49ers finally get the ball back after last Sunday’s fourth-and-1 incompletion, and, sure enough, they prevail in a fellow Super Bowl contender’s house. Line: 49ers +2 1/2Raiders 26, Titans 24: It’s the Raiders’ penultimate game in Oakland. Translation: The party will be like when their 2002 team won a …last_img read more

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) was well represented during the American Farm Bureau Federation’s (AFBF) 97th Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla.Ohio received all six Awards of Excellence, which recognize excellence in membership achievement and implementation of outstanding programs serving members. The awards are earned by states that have demonstrated outstanding achievements in any of these six program areas: Education and Outreach; Leadership Development; Member Services; Membership Initiatives; Policy Development and Implementation, and Public Relations and Communications.American Farm Bureau recognizes the best county Farm Bureau programs through its County Activities of Excellence (CAE) awards, and this year seven of 24 of those top projects and activities came from Ohio. The county Farm Bureaus that won for their innovative programs were Athens-Meigs, Auglaize (and partnering Farm Bureaus in Champaign, Clark, Darke, Logan, Mercer, Miami, Shelby and Union counties), Clermont, Fulton, Knox, Medina and Pike. They showcased their innovative programming at the IDEAg Trade Show during AFBF’s convention.Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation also received the Apex Award, which is given to Farm Bureaus that have increased total contributions to the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture by 10% or more over the previous year.Ohio’s Young Agricultural Professionals competed in three Young Farmers and Ranchers contests: Discussion Meet, Excellence in Agriculture and Achievement Award.Elizabeth Long of London made it to the Sweet 16 in the Discussion Meet, which tests participants’ subject knowledge, problem solving abilities and personal and small group communications skills. Marlene Eick of Radnor finished in the Top 10 of the Excellence in Agriculture Award, which recognizes successful young agricultural professionals who are actively contributing and growing through their involvement with Farm Bureau and agriculture. Competing in the Achievement Award contest were Nick and Jessica Dailey of Sardinia who were judged on the growth of their farm business and involvement in Farm Bureau and their community.last_img read more

first_imgThe QTA Board has decided to endorse the recommendation of the QTA Technical Panel to hold the State Championships in 2009 not March 2010.The State Championships will be held on 30th , 31st October 1st November 2009 at a venue to be decided. Applications to host the event will be called.last_img

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Ex-AC Milan director Gandini questions Elliott directionby Carlos Volcano12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer AC Milan director Umberto Gandini has questioned Elliott Management’s handling of the club.Gandini commented on the work of chief exec Ivan Gazidis.He said, “This is a very different club to all the others, because the owners aren’t involved in football. Their objective is to restructure Milan, get it close to what it ought to be worth and then monetize on their investment.“I’ve known Gazidis for many years and I told him that being a CEO in Italy is very different to in other nations, as he’d have to answer for his decisions.“Up until recently, I asked myself who are Milan, as they need to have a face and right now, they don’t. Is it the owner who decides, Gazidis, the President or the Coach? Before, their face was Gennaro Gattuso.” last_img read more

first_img “At the moment, the fee is just $20 to register and the law does require that you register. Now, when you need to get the benefits of the services of the rent unit, one of the questions they’re going to ask you is if you have registered. If you haven’t, it’s not that we are going to refuse to give you the services, but there are benefits to registration,” she noted. Story Highlights Mrs. Bennett-Cooper, who was speaking to JIS News at the first in a series of public consultations on amendments to the Rent Restriction Act at the Portmore HEART Academy in Portsmouth, Portmore, on Tuesday (May 15), said that often, persons come to the Board when they are involved in a situation with tenants that require intervention, but they are not registered. Chairman, Rent Assessment Board, Rose Bennett-Cooper, is calling on landlords to take advantage of the low registration fee to sign up with the entity in order to benefit from the range of services provided. Chairman, Rent Assessment Board, Rose Bennett-Cooper, is calling on landlords to take advantage of the low registration fee to sign up with the entity in order to benefit from the range of services provided.She pointed out that legislation being proposed will raise the registration fee from the current $20.Mrs. Bennett-Cooper, who was speaking to JIS News at the first in a series of public consultations on amendments to the Rent Restriction Act at the Portmore HEART Academy in Portsmouth, Portmore, on Tuesday (May 15), said that often, persons come to the Board when they are involved in a situation with tenants that require intervention, but they are not registered.“At the moment, the fee is just $20 to register and the law does require that you register. Now, when you need to get the benefits of the services of the rent unit, one of the questions they’re going to ask you is if you have registered. If you haven’t, it’s not that we are going to refuse to give you the services, but there are benefits to registration,” she noted.Mrs. Bennett-Cooper told JIS News that the $20 is based on 1983 legislation. “Within a very short while, we are expecting that there will be significant amendments to the Act and that all the fees are going to go up, and what will not change is that you [landlords] are still going to be required to register,” she said.She noted that “with the changes that are coming to the legislation, you’re going to find that more of these matters are [going to be] coming before the Board, and at that point, [landlords are] going to be forced to register”.“If you do it now, the fee is only $20, so this is the time for you to come in and register with the Rent Assessment Board,” she stressed.The Rent Restriction Act was originally enacted in 1944. It was developed at a time when tenants were being seriously disenfranchised and was focused towards their protection.The Act has since been amended 11 times, and changes are being proposed to address the current challenges facing the rental industry.The public consultations involve partnership with the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation.last_img read more

Mohawks Fauxhawks And Macklemores The TopHeavy Hairdos of the World Cup

If there have been breakout stars at this year’s World Cup, they’re certainly the bold hairstyles sported on some of the world’s top teams. There are seemingly countless mohawks, faux-hawks and ‘dos that can really only be called a “Macklemore” on the pitch at the premier soccer tournament.Countless, that is, before today.We pored through each of the 56 World Cup games so far to inventory the haircuts of the starting lineups for each of the 32 teams in the tournament. We counted up every striking mohawk, all of the slightly less committed faux-hawks and, of course, the lamentable-in-retrospect Macklemores.All told, in the group stage we counted 24 honest-to-God Mohawks, 31 faux-hawks and a whopping 36 Mackelmores.Neymar of Brazil, of course, is in a league of his own.So is Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Ermin Bicakcic:At five apiece, the Ghanaian and Cameroonian contingents had more mohawks than any other squad. Together, those two teams composed more than 40 percent of all inventoried mohawks. The Nigerian team had the most faux-hawks, and the Chileans had the most Macklemores (five and four, respectively). Russia, Costa Rica, Honduras and Australia were the only nations with unexciting, uninspiring hair.Now we wouldn’t think hairstyle would have any effect on performance. And it doesn’t. We plotted the combined number of mo’s, faux’s and ‘mores against the number of points each team picked up in the group phase:That’s pretty hairy (forgive us). But when we break it down by style, something fantastic emerges. It appears that Macklemore-style haircuts are positively correlated with victory, and mohawks with defeat.And the trend has continued into the first knockout round. Of the eight games in the Round of 16, four matches had a team with a higher number of Macklmore-style haircuts than their competition. In those four contests, the team with more shaved sides and gross tops won 75 percent of the time.Is it a small sample size? Yes. Is it completely meaningless? Yes. Is there a shred of evidence that the hairstyles of a team member has any sort of impact on the athletic performance of a team? Absolutely not.But still. read more

It was a tale of two games.After the men’s hockey team dominated No. 10 Ferris State Friday night, it fell just short on Saturday.Special teams proved to be the difference for the Buckeyes on the weekend. On Friday, the Buckeyes came up with two power play goals, which proved to be necessary for the 5-3 victory.The Buckeyes never trailed in Friday’s contest, due in part to great goaltending from Cal Heeter, who made a career-high 46 saves.“I thought Cal played well,” coach John Markell said. “He faced 49 shots. He made some big saves when he needed to and got on some rebounds.”The script was flipped Saturday night, as it was the Bulldogs who took charge and struck first. Ferris State was able to kill four Buckeye power plays in the first period, and then wasted no time in scoring seven seconds into their own power play opportunity.After falling behind 2-0 at the beginning of the second period, the Buckeyes stormed back, scoring twice in 40 seconds to tie the game.“At that moment, we’re on the road and we’ve got a two-goal lead and it evaporates,” Ferris State coach Bob Daniels said. “Now it’s two to two. Momentum is completely in their favor and the building is rocking.”However, the momentum shift was short-lived as Ferris State added a third goal in the second period and headed into the second intermission leading 3-2.In the third period Kyle Reed ended the Buckeyes’ power play drought — the Buckeyes were previously 0-5 on the power play — with his second goal of the season.The game remained tied throughout regulation and overtime, leading to a shootout.The Buckeyes would eventually succumb to Ferris State on the fourth shooter.John Albert scored for the Buckeyes in their first attempt, but was the only player to mark for his squad. Ferris secured the shootout victory when the Bulldog’s Chad Billins slid the puck past goaltender Dustin Carlson.The Buckeyes finished just 1 for 9 on the power play after converting twice on four opportunities Friday.“[Zac] Dalpe had one on the power play that hit the cross bar, which would have been great to have,” center C.J. Severyn said. “But we were 1 for 9. We had our chances [but couldn’t convert].”The Buckeyes also allowed two power play goals Saturday after killing all of the Bulldogs’ power plays the night before. After the game, coach Markell was more upset with the number of penalties called than the goals surrendered.“There seemed to be some crazy calls that interrupted the flow of the game, I thought,” Markell said. “[The referees] didn’t let us play.”Markell was, however, pleased with the team’s play on the weekend.“I like the way our team is playing,” Markell said. “I like the effort. Our job is to take that on the road.” read more

OSU Freshman goalie Jill Rizzo saves a shot against Vermont Credit: Walt Middleton – Courtesy of OSU AthleticsThe Ohio State women’s lacrosse team fell to Michigan 9-7 in its first conference game of the season. The Buckeyes (3-5, 0-1 Big Ten) tied the game at 7-7 with less than four minutes left to play, but the Wolverines (4-5, 1-0 Big Ten) reclaimed the lead and sealed the win with goals by sophomore midfielder Molly Garrett and junior attacker Adriana Pendino. Ohio State and Michigan traded points throughout the first half. Pendino scored with 25 seconds left to gain the lead at 4-3 going into halftime. Buckeyes junior midfielder Baley Parrott led the half with two goals and junior attacker Sara Dickinson finished with two assists.  Michigan extended its lead by three early in the second half, but Parrott went on a 3-0 run that tied the game at 6-6 with less than 10 minutes left to play. The Wolverines quickly responded with a goal by sophomore midfielder Chandler Kirby. Despite the effort by Ohio State freshman midfielder Lindsay Epstein to tie the game, the Buckeyes were unable to maintain the momentum to finish with a win. Both teams finished with 17 ground balls. A strong defensive effort of 11 saves by sophomore goalie Jillian Rizzo helped Ohio State hold an advantage over Michigan, who finished with five. Parrott finished the game with a career-high five points with four draw controls, three ground balls and two caused turnovers. Senior attacker Molly Wood broke the program record for the most career draw controls. In the first half, Wood had two draw controls to break the record and finished the game with three to bring her overall career total to 223. The Buckeyes will take on Rutgers in Columbus at 7 p.m. Thursday. read more