– Advertisement – ABC, CNN, and NBC have called Michigan for Joe Biden, though the Associated Press has yet to do so. The Trump campaign’s frantic efforts to disrupt the vote-counting suggest that they, too, know Biden is winning Michigan’s 16 electoral votes.With Wisconsin called for Biden, but Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina, and Maine’s second district not yet called, that gives Biden 253 electoral votes.- Advertisement –
– Advertisement – As vote counting continues, the reality that Donald Trump is on the brink of being defeated is dawning on Americans. Donald Trump, of course, doesn’t believe in reality. In fact he doesn’t really believe in anything except whatever it is, on any given day, that makes him feel less like the failure of a human being he is. As vote counts in places like Michigan and Pennsylvania begin chipping away at the early leads Trump had, and extending leads Biden has, Trump’s campaign has made a claim that it has filed a lawsuit to halt absentee vote counting. That has not happened as far as anyone can tell.NBC News reporter Steve Patterson posted video of “Large, animated crush of “stop the count” protestors trying to push their way into TCF hall in #Detroit where ballots are being counted.They’re being blocked by guards at the door. Pizza boxes are pushed against the window to obstruct view. It’s tense.” In the video you can see below, the group is packed up at the door. According to an update from Patterson, the group claims to be “poll or election challengers claiming that there aren’t enough nonpartisan challengers inside.” Ummm. Fuck off.- Advertisement –
– Advertisement – World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) declared the country’s anti-doping agency, RUSADA, non-compliant with its code in December last year; Russia currently face exclusion from international events such as the Tokyo Olympics and 2022 FIFA World Cup Last Updated: 05/11/20 6:09pm RUSADA’s subsequent appeal against WADA’s decision and a series of sanctions has this week been heard by the CAS during an arbitration procedure in Lausanne, Switzerland. The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) expects to make a decision on Russia’s appeal against their four-year ban on competing at international events by the end of the year. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) declared the country’s anti-doping agency, RUSADA, non-compliant with its code in December last year over alleged manipulation of laboratory data.Russia has denied the allegations.- Advertisement – Now TV now just £25 a month Save over 25% and grab a NOW TV Sky Sports Month Pass for just £25 a month for 3 months. Cancel anytime
In it together! Lala Kent, Brittany Cartwright and Stassi Schroeder’s simultaneous pregnancies weren’t an accident.The Next Level Basic author, 32, revealed that she and her former Vanderpump Rules costars “kind of” had a pregnancy pact in Us Weekly’s exclusive clip of the Wednesday, November 11, episode of “Give Them Lala … With Randall.”Lala Kent, Brittany Cartwright, and Stassi Schroeder Courtesy of Stassi Schroeder/Instagram- Advertisement – “You guys were getting drunk as you should’ve been,” Kent said of the major moment. “I was, like, two days sober so I was already emotional as f–k, and this was like the most exciting thing that had happened to me since I entered my first AA meeting.”The Give Them Lala Beauty creator is expecting her and fiancé Randall Emmett’s first child together, a baby girl. As for Schroeder, she and husband Beau Clark have a daughter on the way, while Cartwright, 31, and her husband, Jax Taylor, are expecting a son.- Advertisement – The Louisiana native explained, “I mean, we didn’t, like, draw blood and shake hands. We didn’t do any spells. We just said, ‘Hey, that would be really cool. Let’s take that seriously if we can one day.’ And we did!”Kent, 30, joked that Schroeder was downplaying their promise. “Wow, I can’t believe with you, Stassi, I have to draw blood to make a pact,” the Utah native said. “That was as real of a pact as I’ve ever had in my whole life.”While Schroeder claimed to be on Xanax during their pact and doesn’t “remember s–t,” Cartwright said that they were in Cabo.- Advertisement – The reality stars have had different symptoms over the course of their pregnancies, and Schroeder bowed down to Cartwright for being a “trouper.” The Kentucky native replied, “I feel like I’ve been sicker than y’all combined.”Schroeder agreed, saying her worst symptom was constipation. “She has been sick every god damn day of her pregnancy from morning to night, vomiting all day long,” the former “Straight Up With Stassi” podcast host said of Cartwright. “I didn’t even get, like, a twinge of nausea one time.”The pregnant Bravo personalities shared a sweet shot comparing their baby bumps while celebrating Cartwright’s sex reveal in September. “Who would’ve thought we’d all be sober at the same time,” Schroeder wrote via Instagram.The following month, Scheana Shay revealed that she and her boyfriend, Brock Davies, are also expecting their first child, due in April 2021.Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! – Advertisement –
For the second time in as many years, the countdown to the Twenty20 World Cup is on!- Advertisement – With Buttler, Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes and Dawid Malan all competing for a place in the XI, England appear to have found themselves with a similar conundrum. Five world-class T20 batsmen, all of whom you suspect would like to bat in the top three.Does that mean Buttler again has to move from the position where he has enjoyed so much success? Perhaps not. The England captain is the sixth batsman of those who might be considered to be ‘in possession’ of a place in the team and the only one who would not see himself at the top of the order.Eoin Morgan has primarily batted at No 4 for England in recent years, be it in ODI or T20I, but dropped down to five during the T20I series against Australia and did similarly for Kolkata Knight Riders during the IPL, at times even dropping to No 6 if early wickets fell.Sky Sports pundit Rob Key believes this is Morgan, who has been a strong advocate of Buttler opening, gearing up to take on the role of England’s finisher himself.
Killing two birds with one stone? Keanu Reeves and the Matrix 4 cast celebrated the end of filming with a massive wrap party amid the pandemic by allegedly staging a party scene for the movie.According to German newspaper Bild, the gathering — which was given the code name “Ice cream team event” — took place at Studio Babelsberg in Potsdam, Germany, on Wednesday, November 11, with nearly 200 workers in attendance. The group reportedly enjoyed tattoo stations inside caravans, a pyrotechnics and dance performance, a DJ and a dance floor, several bars and a sushi and dessert station. The publication also published a photo from the bash, which showed the packed venue.Keanu Reeves attends the ‘Too Old to Die Young’ screening in Los Angeles on June 10, 2019. Todd Williamson/JanuaryImages/Shutterstock- Advertisement – Makarewicz also noted that producers “consciously put this shoot with its many participants” on the last day of filming.One month earlier, Grant, 47, was spotted kissing Reeves as she dropped him off at the set of The Matrix 4. Filming was temporarily suspended in California in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic but resumed in Germany, where the couple arrived in June. The Matrix 4 hits theaters in December 2021.Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! Reeves, 56, and his girlfriend, Alexandra Grant, were spotted at the party and Matrix directors Lana and Lilly Wachowski were also reportedly at the rager.One guest told Bild that precautions were taken before the event. “The mood was exuberant. There was a rapid [COVID-19] test for everyone in advance,” the attendee said. “Everyone had to come with a mask, but many didn’t wear them later.”However, the anonymous partygoer also claimed, “No directorial instructions were given, there was no clapperboard and no one was filming.”- Advertisement – Parties of up to 50 people are allowed in Berlin and the neighboring state of Brandenburg, where the event took place. Gatherings must be registered in advance along with the submission of a “hygiene concept.” Guests must also abide by social distancing rules and wear masks. Bild confirmed with a Potsdam spokesperson that the city was not notified of a gathering.Studio Babelsberg spokeswoman Bianca Makarewicz told Us Weekly that producers said they were filming “a celebration scene, which was filmed in the summer, and this was in connection with that. The hygiene regulations were complied with.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Ryanair has announced additional domestic flights from December 4th following a government announcement permitting students to travel home for Christmas. – Advertisement –
– Advertisement – The U.S. economy still needs fiscal help from Congress even with the increased probability that widespread vaccine availability is now in sight, former New York Federal Reserve President Bill Dudley said Monday.For the second time in a week, a pharmaceutical company has announced a breakthrough in the coronavirus pandemic fight. This time, it was Moderna reporting that it has a vaccine up to 95% effective in heading off the virus. Pfizer made a similar announcement last week.- Advertisement – Fed officials reject the notion that they are getting low on monetary ammunition. Among their options are extending the duration and amount of their bond purchases and amplifying forward guidance on what it would take to raise rates. Government red ink has continued to pile up during the crisis. The budget was $3.1 trillion in the hole for fiscal 2020 and started off the new year down $284 billion in October. Dudley acknowledged that the deficit spending could be a problem down the road but is needed now, particularly to help state and local governments that may have to start laying off essential personnel to balance their budgets.One problem is that he doesn’t think the economy will get much more help from his former Fed colleagues, who already have cut benchmark borrowing rates to near zero and expanded the central bank’s balance sheet past $7 trillion.“People can look through the bad news and see good news on the other side. That said, it doesn’t change the fact that the Fed really doesn’t have much firepower to protect the economy over the near term,” Dudley said. “I think the economy is going to suffer as go through fall into winter.”- Advertisement – Even with the good news, Dudley said additional bridge money of $1 trillion to $2 trillion will be needed to get impacted individuals and businesses to the other side. “So I think it makes the case for fiscal stimulus even more compelling, because you basically want to prevent scarring to the economy in terms of people’s balance sheets, in terms of small businesses being forced to close, and a little fiscal stimulus can go a long way in reducing the scarring in the economy so that you can have a stronger recovery on the other side” he told CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street.”Opposing factions in Washington have been unable to come up with a compromise measure to buttress the $2.2 trillion CARES Act passed in March. Most of the funding from that legislation has expired while 11 million workers remain without employment.- Advertisement –
The first patient in the current outbreak, a 26-year-old graduate medical student surnamed Song, was released May 10 from a hospital in her home province of Anhui, the AP reported. She had been in the hospital since Apr 4. May 12, 2004 (CIDRAP News) Five SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) patients have been released from Chinese hospitals this week, leaving only two still hospitalized with the disease, according to reports from China. Xinhua said two SARS patients remain in Ditan Hospital. One is recovering, while the other has additional diseases and is to be transferred to another hospital, according to Mao Yu, president of the hospital. The report did not name the patients. One patient whose release has not yet been announced is a 31-year-old man who works in the virology lab where Song worked. Li’s parents were released from Ditan Hospital yesterday, the Associated Press (AP) reported. They had been in the hospital since Apr 22. Nine people have had SARS in the current outbreak. Song’s mother died of the disease Apr 19. Xinhua, China’s state news agency, said two women were released from Ditan Hospital in Beijing today after recovering from the disease. The two are an aunt of the 20-year-old nurse surnamed Li, who was released from the hospital May 4, and a patient surnamed Xu. Song is believed to have contracted the virus while working in a National Institute of Virology laboratory in Beijing in March. Li fell ill after caring for Song in a Beijing hospital from Mar 29 to Apr 2; later the virus apparently spread from Li to five other people, including her parents and aunt.
Findings in three statesHealth officials in many states began contacting the CDC in late 2006 about apparent increases in norovirus outbreaks, the report says. The agency reviewed data for three of those statesNorth Carolina, Wisconsin, and New Yorkand found striking increases. Further, CDC tests of specimens from 126 AGE outbreaks in various settings in 2006 confirmed that 114 (90%) were due to norovirus, the agency says. Investigators found that 87 (76%) of these involved two new GII.4 norovirus variants, called Minerva and Laurens. A new strain has brought an increase in outbreaks at least once before, the report says. In four of the North Carolina episodes, outbreaks occurred after illness among food handlers, suggesting that foodborne transmission might have been involved. Aug 24, 2007 (CIDRAP News) Norovirus outbreaks in the United States appear to have increased sharply since the beginning of last year, probably fueled by two new strains of the gastrointestinal pathogen, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports. Noroviruses can spread via food or through contact with contaminated surfaces. There is no national surveillance system for acute gastroenteritis (AGE) outbreaks in which foodborne transmission is not suspected, but several lines of evidence suggest that norovirus outbreaks have been on the rise, the CDC says. The CDC says its data probably underestimate the number of recent norovirus outbreaks, since reporting methods and thoroughness vary by state. Norovirus was confirmed in only 29% (382) of the outbreaks, but testing and reporting vary by state for nonfoodborne AGE outbreaks. Findings in states that routinely test outbreak specimens indicate that a high proportion of the episodes were caused by norovirus, the report says. North Carolina had 17 outbreaks consistent with norovirus infection in LTCFs in 2006, compared with six in 2005 and three in 2004. The outbreaks affected 573 residents and 288 staff members, and 36 patients were hospitalized. One 90-year-old resident died, and the gastrointestinal illness was listed as the primary cause of death. “Norovirus infection as a confirmed cause of death has not been recorded previously in the United States,” the CDC says. The increase is especially notable in long-term care facilities (LTCFs), the CDC says in today’s issue of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. One recent outbreak in an LTCF led to the first recorded fatal case of norovirus, in a 90-year-old in North Carolina, the report says. CDC. Norovirus activityUnited States, 2006-2007. MMWR 2007 Aug 24;56(33):842-6 [Full text] In Wisconsin, AGE outbreaks reported to the state increased more than fourfold in 2 years, from 23 in 2005 to 106 in 2006, the report states. Eighty-seven (82%) of the 2006 outbreaks were confirmed as norovirus by polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Noroviruses (previously known as Norwalk-like viruses) are the most common cause of AGE outbreaks, according to the CDC. Because patients shed the viruses for a long time after recovery and it takes only a few viral particles to cause illness, LTCFs are susceptible to prolonged outbreaks with high attack rates, the agency says. The agency says it is unclear whether the surge in outbreaks is a result of increased pathogenicity or transmissibility of the two new strains, lower immunity in the population, or other factors. Boston also saw signs of a recent increase in AGE outbreaks related to norovirus, according to the CDC. Between Dec 1, 2006, and April 1, 2007, the city had 18 outbreaks in colleges, day care centers, and healthcare facilities, compared with two outbreaks in the same period a year earlier. PCR testing confirmed norovirus in eight of the outbreaks. But better national surveillance for AGE outbreaks is on the way, the agency says. Last year the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists passed a resolution stating that all AGE outbreaks should be reportable nationally, regardless of whether transmission is foodborne or person-to-person. “This will be implemented in 2008 through the National Outbreak Reporting System,” the article says. Of 58 nonfoodborne norovirus outbreaks in Wisconsin in 2006, 45 occurred in LTCFs. These outbreaks included 2,071 cases, with 44 patients hospitalized. Two patients died, but the primary causes of death were not recorded. More surveillance expectedFor the AGE outbreaks in late 2006 and 2007 nationwide, the CDC says, “A high proportion of the specimens tested were positive for norovirus, which suggests that the increase in AGE outbreaks was associated with norovirus infection. The magnitude and consistency of increases in multiple states suggests an actual increase rather than increased reporting resulting from increased awareness and testing for norovirus.” The CDC also says that CaliciNet, a CDC database used to collect and compare norovirus sequences, will soon be widely accessible to state and local health departments. New York had 333 AGE outbreaks from October 2006 through January 2007, compared with 76 for the same period in 2005-06, the CDC says. Eighty-two percent (272) of the 2006 outbreaks occurred in LTCFs and 8% (26) in hospitals. For healthcare facilities overall, 7,907 patients and 4,317 staff members became ill; 207 patients and 20 staff members were hospitalized. Sixteen patients died, but the causes of death were not reported. Outbreaks tripleFor example, in reviewing evidence from 24 states that reported at least five AGE outbreaks in 2005 and 2006, the CDC found that outbreaks overall more than tripled, from 372 in 2005 to 1,316 in 2006. Fifty-eight percent (762) of the outbreaks were in LTCFs.